This policy sets out the basis on which your personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it, according with Portuguese and European law for data protection.
By visiting www.novo.emotionalobjects.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service offered by Google. Google Analytics uses small text files called cookies. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies used on this site do not in themselves recognise the individual user but will recognise the computer you are using so that we know when that computer is used to return to the site.
Most browsers will automatically accept cookies, but you can change the settings on your browser to prevent this from happening.
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consente, for example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example, we will use your email address to send you direct marketing information, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
WHAT SORT OF PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
Details of your visits to our website.
To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country where your computer is located and the web pages viewed during your visit.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
1. When you visit our website;
2. When you engage with us on social media;
3. When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc;
4. When you ask one of our employees to email you information about a product or service;
5. When you subscribe our newsletter on the website;
6. When you download our technical specs, brochures, catalogue, price list or showpieces program on the website;
7. During tradeshows.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for. For example, if you’ve asked us to let you know when an item comes back into stock, we can’t do that if you’ve withdrawn your general consent to hear from us.
HERE’S HOW WE’LL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHY:
1. To process any orders that you make by phone, email or during tradeshows. If we don’t collect your personal data, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. For example, your address details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
2. To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
3. With your consent, we will use your personal data and preferences to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephoneabout relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events and so on.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
4. To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
6. To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for five years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
The data will be kept until the end of the warranty period.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. For exemple: delivery couriers or for fraud management.
EXAMPLES OF THE KIND OF THIRD PARTIES WE WORK WITH ARE:
1. IT companies who support our website.
2. Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
4. Google, to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have the right to request:
1. Access to the personal data we hold about you.
2. The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
3. That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that João Pericão Faria Concept, Lda. holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
This website may contain links to external websites. No liability is accepted with regards to the safety policies and protection of privacy adopted in such external websites.
If you have any questions please email our Data Protection Manager at email@example.com.
Emotional Objects is a trademark distributed by João Pericão Faria Concept, Lda.
Headquarters: Rua Alves Roçadas, 78, Loja 6, 4760-118 Vila Nova de Famalicão, PORTUGAL
VAT n.º 513 763 430